Monday, July 13, 2015

North Alabama Eats

This past weekend Melissa and I did a whirlwind tour of North Alabama. We started out the day in town and went to Crestline Bagel Company. I ordered Bacon, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel. The bagel was good and chewy just as it should be. Side note though, I wouldn't order an everything bagel again though because they put salt on their everything bagels and I am not a salt bagel fan. 
By lunch time we had made our way to  Mentone. We had lunch at the Wildflower Cafe and I don't really have anything postive to say. We waited over 30 minutes to be seated when the place was half empty. We were never offered a refill on our beverages. The food was terrible. The tomato pie on my plate looked like a pile of mush with no crust and the quiche had no crust as well. I honestly think everything was premade and nuked in the microwave because it was burning hot and took approximately 4 minutes post ordering to be plopped on the table. 
The decor and table lamps needed a good dusting. Okay I will stop now. Mentone was a bust. 

We spent the evening in Huntsville and had a redeeming dinner at Commerce Kitchen. The hot chicken bites were a yummy and large appetizer. For dinner I had the pan seared salmon with root vegetables and parsnip purée. 
The fish was cooked to flaky perfection and I could have eaten two plates. I had the bread pudding with peach bourbon sauce for dessert. It was so good I forgot to take a picture.

For breakfast the next day we went to the Blue Plate Cafe. 
I ordered the country fried steak breakfast with cheesy Browns. It was amazing comfort food that sticks to your bones. Their cheesy Browns are a million times better than Cracker Barrel ever dreamed of being. Blue Cafe is known for their cocoa biscuits and it did not disappoint. Just butter up the biscuit and cover it with chocolate gravy. Dive in!
Our trip got cut short because the hubs ended up in the ER due to yellow jacket stings (yes we knew he was allergic and yes he has an epipen).  Sister trips to be continued... 
Good Eats
Allyson 

No comments:

Post a Comment